JLsBibliomania

and Litsy @jlsbibliomania

The Book of Joy: Lasting Happiness in a Changing World
Douglas Carlton Abrams, Desmond Tutu, Dalai Lama XIV

ScreamFree Parenting

Screamfree Parenting: The Revolutionary Approach to Raising Your Kids by Keeping Your Cool - Hal Edward Runkel

ScreamFree Parenting: The Revolutionary Approach to Raising Your Kids by Keeping your Cool is both lightweight and profound.  Sometimes, by serendipity, you pick up a book and think "I need to hear this right now."  Mr. Runkel's point that there is a big difference between being Under control and being In control is something I needed to hear.  But other than a few chapter-end questions, the book wasn't all that specific on the How to achieve that goal.

Mr. Runkel is also a proponent of giving your children "their own space" which in theory is a good idea, but many of his suggestions are not practical - or would need much adaptation - for parenting children with executive function challenges such as ADHD or autism.

In the end, I'm OK with having taken the time to read this, but glad that the only cost was the effort of taking it out of the library.