JLsBibliomania

Also on GoodReads as J L's Bibliomania:

and Litsy @jlsbibliomania

Blue Lily, Lily Blue

Blue Lily, Lily Blue - Maggie Stiefvater

Blue Lily, Lily Blue is the 3rd book in the Raven Cycle.  It was perhaps my most anticipated book for the year. I’m one of those folks who save 5-stars for the best 5-10% of what I read and I absolutely loved The Raven Boys and The Dream Thieves as read by Will Patton.  I went into this book with exceedingly high expectations.

I don’t know how I got it into my head that Maggie Stiefvater was writing a trilogy, but I went into Blue Lily, Lily Blue with the expectation that this book was the end. Gansy would find his King and perhaps meet his foretold death. I couldn’t have been more wrong.  Blue Lily, Lily Blue is one of those middle-of-the-arc books that spends time advancing multiple plots, incrementally developing characters, and otherwise leaving us less settled with the chess pieces positioned for later. While Blue Lily, Lily Blue had moments of utter creepiness, I didn’t find myself swooning on the edge of my seat for the sheer beauty of the words like I was for the first two.  I was expecting another 5-star book, but Blue Lily, Lily Blue didn’t quite deliver.