JLsBibliomania

Tamar Geller
Progress: 103/256 pages

Boy Nobody/I am the Weapon

Boy Nobody - Allen Zadoff The Heist - Daniel Silva

I read Boy Nobody as part of the holiday book binge I’ve been on during my time off.  While I was reading, the pages of this YA assassin/thriller tale, they kept turning.  I didn’t want to put the story down.

While I often have more than one book going, I rarely read more than one in the same genre at a time.  So it was rather odd to be reading Boy Nobody considering that my current audiobook is The Heist, the latest installment in the long running saga of Israeli Master Spy Gabriel Allon by Daniel Silva.    While Gabriel and his team are old, comfortable companions, it was definitely exciting to meet a new spy/assassin at the beginning of his career: self-sufficient and effective.  I like that by the end of the book, our protagonist was beginning to awaken to realizing that he needs to be more than a passive weapon, but needs to figure out more of who is wielding him.

On an odd side-note, I discovered that Allen Zadoff has written two sequels to Boy Nobody (one available and one expected to be published in June 2015) and along the way has re-titled (and perhaps revised) the first book in the series to I Am The Weapon.  While I am curious about what may have changed in Book 1 of the “Unknown Assassin” series, I am more interested in reading Book 2 than going back and re-reading Book 1.