JLsBibliomania

Ingathering: The Complete People Stories of Zenna Henderson
Elizabeth Rhys Finney, Priscilla Olson, Zenna Henderson
Progress: 250/577 pages

Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon

I’ve known about Dewey’s 24-Hour Readathon for several years now and always wanted to participating.  The next edition is on Saturday, April 25, 2015!

I haven’t managed to clear my schedule completely, but I’m taking the plunge and publicly committing to participate in next weekend’s festivities.  I hope to read (or listen to books) for at least 12 hours - with breaks to attend synagogue services with the scribe who will be restoring my community’s Holocaust Torah (though I may sneak a book into services), take care of my children (who may also read for part of the day), eat (gotta do that) and get at least a little sleep (pesky thing that).

I’m not going to pre-select books.  I’m a moody reader – if I ain’t in the mood, it won’t get read – and I never know what will strike my fancy.  But I have stocked up on books in several genres from the library, including a number of picture books for a change of pace, and I have a whole basement full of SF to mine for old favorites.

So look for updates here and in the Dewey’s Readathon group on Goodreads.

Hope you consider joining in the fun.