From the Squad Room

Battle Ready: Memoir of a SEAL Warrior Medic - Mark L. Donald, Scott Mactavish Tough As They Come - Travis Mills, Marcus Brotherton, Gary Sinise

Battle Ready starts slowly as Mark L. McDonald works through his childhood, decision to join the military and operational history.  The last third of the book, where he talks about PTSD is more interesting.

As if he hadn't already read enough on the subject, my older son went to the library last weekend and found a new pile o' military memoirs (predominantly though not exclusively about Navy SEALs).

Military Book Squad

Military Book SquadI ended up picking up another one from the stack.  Tough as They Come is the story of SSG Travis Mills, of the 82nd Airborne who survived becoming a quadruple amputee.  Like many of these books, Military Book SquadTough as They Come, is as much promo for the foundation started by the author to assist wounded veterans as memoir. It's fine, but just didn't excite me.

P.S.  Most of these folks have responsibly brought in a co-author.  I've not taken the time, though I am tempted, to see just how many of these are co-written by the same 2 or 3 people.