JLsBibliomania

The Loved Dog: How to Train Your Dog in 30 Days
Tamar Geller
Progress: 103/256 pages

Gardening

All New Square Foot Gardening - Mel Bartholomew Small-Plot, High-Yield Gardening: How to Grow Like a Pro, Save Money, and Eat Well by Turning Your Back (or Front or Side) Yard Into An Organic Produce Garden - Sal Gilbertie, Larry Sheehan The Quarter-Acre Farm: How I Kept the Patio, Lost the Lawn, and Fed My Family for a Year - Spring Warren

After participating in the local food movement by being a member of a CSA and frequenting the nearby farmer's market, I'm putting in a garden for the first time in years. It's just a small 2 x 9 foot raised bed, and some pots of herbs, but I'm very much looking forward to supplementing my CSA share with a few favorite and infrequently included items.

Right now, I am planning to grow:

Early

Sugar Snap Peas (though the shoots may well make it to table not the peas themselves)

Rainbow Chard

arugula mix

spinach

Mayish

cherry and grape tomatoes

cucumbers

hot peppers

green beans

shell beans (haven't decided what flavor yet)

Late

okra

Brussels Sprouts

2nd sowing of spinach and chard

Herbs in pots

Rosemary, basil, thyme, marjoram, and chives are definite. The rest is TBD.

Now if it would just stop snowing so that I can finish building the bed and get those peas in!

(Edited the size of the bed, because I mis-measured/estimated how long we could make it and still have clearance to get to the telephone connection box)