JLsBibliomania

JL's Bibliomania

Also on GoodReads as J L's Bibliomania:

and Litsy @jlsbibliomania

Read-a-Thon Book Pile/Starting Line Post

These Broken Stars - Amie Kaufman, Meagan Spooner A Night to Remember: The Haggadah of Contemporary Voices - Mishael Zion & Noam Zion, Noam Zion, Michael Kichka

Despite expecting very limited time to read due to the coincidence of Dewey’s Read-a-Thon and the beginning of Passover, I’m getting surprisingly psyched about #readathon this Saturday.  I’m hoping to squeeze in a few hours of reading, cheering other folks using BookLikes as a home base and listening to audio short stories around preparing for the 2nd Seder.

I know I’ll be starting with:

These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner.  These Broken Stars was new and making the rounds when I first discovered book bloggers and book blogging. I’ve had it out of the library 3 times now, and just had it never quite float to the top of the TBR pile.  This time it’s the priority.

I also know I’ll be spending some time with

A Night to Remember: The Haggadah of Contemporary Voices by Mishael Zion and Noam Zion while I prepare to lead my family's Seder

I’m not quite sure where I’m going after that, but I have a whole house full of books including more than 60 from the local library for to choose from (having more than 50 library books out is the norm since my card is the primary one for the family and my sons and I swap books regularly).  I’ll see where my time and mood take me, but books that are likely to get fondled are:

• Why Johnny Doesn’t Flap by Clay Morton & Gail Morton.  I had a lot of fun filling times of indecision and late-night hours during my 1st Read-a-Thon with picture books.  I was walking through the children’s section looking for this year’s Caldecott honorees when this jumped into my bag. I’m intrigued.

• Lineup by Liam Shoham, which I received as a prize during my first Read-A-Thon last spring, and still haven’t made the time to read because I’m always putting the library books first

• Fool’s War by Sarah Zettel, which is something I’ve been wanting to re-read for a while.

Happy Reading!