JLsBibliomania

Ingathering: The Complete People Stories of Zenna Henderson
Elizabeth Rhys Finney, Priscilla Olson, Zenna Henderson
Progress: 250/577 pages

Dewey's Dayenu - Hour 14 Update

A Night to Remember: The Haggadah of Contemporary Voices - Mishael Zion & Noam Zion, Noam Zion, Michael Kichka Passover Haggadah: A New English Translation and Instructions for the Seder - Rabbi Nathan Goldberg

If my husband and I would have cooked a yummy multi-course dinner and not started the Seder on time, Dayenu (It would have been enough for us)

If the Seder had started on time, and my sons had not been active participants, Dayenu,

If my sons were active participants, and had not found the Afikoman so that we could end the Seder (and I could return to the Read-a-thon), Dayenu!

As I expected might happen, I've been offline since about noon, and pretty much the only reading I've done  has been skimming A Night to Remember  by Mishael Zion and Noam Zion along with several other recent Haggadot to find the material I wanted to use to supplement the old classic the we still use as the core of our family Passover.

And then we read the Haggadah as a family.  And perhaps because my sons are at that wonderful early teen age where they now have enough patience, and also enough knowledge to really participate, we had a wonderful Seder tonight, just the 4 of us.

And now I'm back for a few hours of reading until the wine I've drunk tonight convinces me that it's time to head for bed.

I hope you've had a successful Read-a-thon so far and I look forward to catching up with what you've accomplished in the last few hours.