JLsBibliomania

and Litsy @jlsbibliomania

The Book of Joy: Lasting Happiness in a Changing World
Douglas Carlton Abrams, Desmond Tutu, Dalai Lama XIV

Dewey's 24 Hour Read-A-Thon Ending Survey

Why Johnny Doesn't Flap: NT is OK! - Clay Morton, Gail Morton, Alex Merry Finding Winnie: The True Story of the World's Most Famous Bear - Lindsay Mattick, Sophie Blackall

Thanks to our cat, I woke up around 7:30 this morning.  Which meant that there were 30 minutes of the readathon left!

So I pulled out two of the picture books I'd gotten for late-night, bringing my books finished total to 4!

End of Event Survey

Which hour was most daunting for you?

Hour 16 - It was midnight after a few glasses of wine, and I almost didn't stay up to finish my book

Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?

For both my first Read-a-thon and this one, I've brought home the Caldecott Winner and a few other picture books, including several longer ones aimed at middle-school students.

Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next season?

While the Goodreads group is good, as a non-Twitter person, I really missed the traditional cheering for folks and websites.  I don't think the general list worked as well.

I support why you decided not to organize cheering teams. If you want to continue to just post a list of non-Twitter participants, I think it would be really helpful to add some additional information to the list, such as hosting site, and/or country or state of participation to help people self-select a small group of other participants to cheer for.

What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?

That the Read-a-thon is still going strong

How many books did you read?

4, for a total of approximately 600 pages

What were the names of the books you read?

These Broken Stars

A Night to Remember: The Haggadah of Contemporary Voices

Why Johnny Doesn't Flap

Finding Winnie: The True Story of the World's Most Famous Bear

Which book did you enjoy most?

Finding Winnie

Which did you enjoy least?

I didn't dislike any of them enough to for there to be a meaningful "least"

How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?

Schedule permitting, I'm definitely likely to play along again.  I'm likely to combine reading, cheering, and life again.