JLsBibliomania

Tamar Geller
Progress: 103/256 pages

And so endeth the Raven Cycle

The Raven King (The Raven Cycle, Book 4) - Maggie Stiefvater

Maggie Stiefvater has quickly become one of my favorite authors, so I’ve been eagerly anticipating the release of The Raven King (The Raven Cycle Book 4). As with the previous installments Will Patton’s narration of the audiobook is just top notch, and I can't imagine experiencing these stories in print.

Depending on where you began the story, The Raven Boys was the story about the women of 300 Fox Way. Or depending on where you began the story, The Raven Boys was the story about Glendower, or Artemus, or the Grey Man, or possibilities. There are just soooo many strands to weave together that the story feels a bit disjointed with the constant viewpoint jumps. And in my mind, several of the minor characters and villains, just don’t add enough to the story to spend as much time as the book does with them and away from developing the central quartet of Gansey, Blue, Adam, and Ronan.

There was a bit more horror and a little less mystery than with the earlier books in the series and I missed the mystery. While there were a few things that did surprise me about how everything tied together, I’ll have to admit that I pegged how the kiss prophecy would play out early on.

And so it ends, or begins, with a wide-ranging ensemble performance, a few quibbles, and entrancing journey down the ley line.

I can’t wait to see what world Maggie builds next.