A friend just posted the #savetheculture #BookExchange chain on Facebook and I agreed to participate. Basically you are asked to send a (used paperback) copy of your favorite book to the person who brought your friend into the chain. (See note at end)
So now I have the dilemma of what is my favorite book. Unlike when I was a teen, I’ve gotten out of the habit of having favorite books that I reread frequently. Right now I have soo many “favorite” books. My tastes have changed so much over the years that I can’t decide.
Here’s the long list with a handful of my 5 star reads since I started tracking along with a few books that I read before I started tracking that I might consider sending:
- Tigana, Guy Gavriel Kay
- Sunshine, Robin McKinley
- The Raven Boys, Maggie Steifvater
- A Thousand Splendid Suns, Khaled Hosseini
- Written in Red, Anne Bishop
- Water for Elephants, Sara Gruen
- The Faded Sun: Kesrith, C.J. Cherryh
- The Ship who Sang, Anne McCaffrey
- Code Name Verity, Elizabeth Wein
- Leviathan, Scott Westerfeld
- Your Inner Fish: A Journey into the 3.5 Billion Year History of the Human Body, Neil Shubin
- From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E Frankweiler, E.L. Konigsburg
- The Phantom Tollbooth, Norton Juster
- Bread and Jam for Francis
- Harold & The Purple Crayon
- The Little Red Lighthouse and the Great Gray Bridge
Any suggestions on how to narrow down the list?
NOTE: I am NOT posting the book club chain starter here, and request that nobody else does, since it would compete with the Halloween Book Swap already being organized.