JLsBibliomania

JL's Bibliomania

Also on GoodReads as J L's Bibliomania:

and Litsy @jlsbibliomania

How to Choose?

A friend just posted the #savetheculture #BookExchange chain on Facebook and I agreed to participate.  Basically you are asked to send a (used paperback) copy of your favorite book to the person who brought your friend into the chain.  (See note at end)

So now I have the dilemma of what is my favorite book. Unlike when I was a teen, I’ve gotten out of the habit of having favorite books that I reread frequently. Right now I have soo many “favorite” books. My tastes have changed so much over the years that I can’t decide.

Here’s the long list with a handful of my 5 star reads since I started tracking along with a few books that I read before I started tracking that I might consider sending:

• Tigana, Guy Gavriel Kay
  • The Faded Sun: Kesrith, C.J. Cherryh
  • The Ship who Sang, Anne McCaffrey
  • Code Name Verity, Elizabeth Wein
  • Leviathan, Scott Westerfeld
  • Your Inner Fish: A Journey into the 3.5 Billion Year History of the Human Body, Neil Shubin
  • From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E Frankweiler, E.L. Konigsburg
  • The Phantom Tollbooth, Norton Juster
  • Bread and Jam for Francis
  • Harold & The Purple Crayon
  • The Little Red Lighthouse and the Great Gray Bridge

Any suggestions on how to narrow down the list?

NOTE:  I am NOT posting the book club chain starter here, and request that nobody else does, since it would compete with the Halloween Book Swap already being organized.