JLsBibliomania

JL's Bibliomania

Also on GoodReads as J L's Bibliomania:

and Litsy @jlsbibliomania

October 2016 Dewey’s 24-Hour Readathon Preview - Part 2

Despite my dreams of clearing my calendar for Dewey’s Readathon, this weekend is jam packed with distractions.

1. The Saturday AM Kempo class is taught by one of my favorite Sensei. I’ll be missing my usual Monday Kempo class due to Simchat Torah.  I hate to miss 2 classes in a row, but if I go to Kempo on Saturday it will eat 1.5 – 2 hours that I could be reading.
  2. Our local gaming store is having a Kaladesh Tournament weekend. My family is currently obsessed with MTG and we’ll all be playing, which trumps solo reading.  I will be bringing books for between rounds, but don’t quite think I can manage to listen to an audiobook and play at the same. Between travel and tournament time, there goes 4 hours.
  3. Sunday is also jam packed, so I’ve got to get at least 4-5 hours of sleep.
  4. I want to spend some time following blogs, participating in the Goodreads Group and cheering.

So my modest goals for the October 2016 Dewey’s 24-hour Readathon are:

• Read for 6 hours or more – including audiobook time
  • Finish 1 book of 100 pages or more
  • Read 2 picture books or graphic novels
  • Visit/cheer at least 12 blogs

I’m going to plan on BookLikes as my home base, but will hop over to to the Dewey's Readathon group on GoodReads if BookLikes crashes or is running as slowly as it has the last few weekends. (Actually, I may well end up hanging out there too)

If you are looking for me on Goodreads, you can find me at https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/8830421-j-l-s-bibliomania