JLsBibliomania

Tamar Geller
Progress: 103/256 pages

October 2016 Dewey's 24-hour Readathon Wrap-up

Stick and Stone - Beth Ferry, Tom Lichtenheld
  1. Which hour was most daunting for you?

Hour 9 or so. It was mid-afternoon. The MTG Game day was running slower and longer than I expected, I had a headache and I had only gotten about 1.5 hours of Readathon.  Thankfully, my family was willing to drop out of the losers bracket after round 3 and come home.

1. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?

As with the past Readathons, I recommend having a few picture books around for change of pace.

1. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next season?

Experiment with post-Readathon book discussions or Skype/video hangouts

1. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?

I like the list of participants and appreciate that you sorted it by blogs/Instagram/Twitter.  I am looking forward to mining the list later for blogs and people to follow.

1. How many books did you read?

I read 3 picture books (96 pages), half of a graphic novel (103 pages), an audio short story and 269 of 482 pages in a SF novel.

I didn’t track carefully enough to tell if I met my personal goal of spending 6 hours reading, but I definitely spent more than 6 hours out of the last 24 participating in Readathon related activities so count this goal as achieved.

1. What were the names of the books you read?

Picture books

Novel

• The Rook by Daniel O’Malley

Short Story/Audio

• Narcomancer by NK Jemisin

1. Which book did you enjoy most?

Stick and Stone and The Rook

1. Which did you enjoy least?

Jalapeno Bagels

1. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?

Very likely to participate again as a reader and cheerleader.

I also have participated in #24in48 and recommend that folks who like Dewey’s Readathon check them out for more bookish fun.

Happy Reading and see y'all next time.