JLsBibliomania

Progress: 780/1770 minutes
Ancillary Justice
Ann Leckie

Task Eighth: The Movie Ticket

Today I completed Task Eighth: The Movie Ticket by going to see Rogue One with my husband. (We actually went on a date because my sons decided that going to the theater was overwhelming and they would rather keep watching inane videos on You-tube instead).

My husband asked that we see Rogue One in 3-D, so I finally got to my first 3-D movie. In general, I found it distracted from rather than enhanced the watching experience due to how much other than the central action of the scene was out of focus.  (I've had 2-D IMAX viewing experiences that made you feel more like you were embedded in the scene than this implementation of 3-D).

Rogue One was a great reworking of many of the Star Wars themes, and despite the heartbreaking ending, I much preferred it to The Force Awakens.

It was even more emotionally draining, because I had not been online at all today prior to going to the movie, and heard about Carrie Fisher's death as we were walking out of the theater.