JLsBibliomania

Progress: 780/1770 minutes
Ancillary Justice
Ann Leckie

A Storm Too Soon

A Storm Too Soon: A Remarkable True Survival Story in 80 Foot Seas is the Middle Grade adaptation of Michael Tougias's book A Storm Too Soon: A True Story of Disaster, Survival and an Incredible Rescue.

My older son, who prefers non-fiction to fiction and who likes stories of resilience, picked up A Storm Too Soon: A Remarkable True Survival Story in 80 Foot Seas during a recent library trip and has been obsessively reading and re-reading it. The book was a quick read for an adult, and clearly though dryly recounts the events of the unexpected storm and subsequent rescue. I think my son liked the book in part because the introduction made it clear that all of the principals in the story survived. So while there was tension in the moment, the level of suspense was low.

Though the book wasn't entirely bloodless as it mentions that one of the other boats in distress from the same storm was never found.

(show spoiler)

Unfortunately my library system doesn't have the adult version, or else I'd hand it to him to try.