JLsBibliomania

Also on GoodReads as J L's Bibliomania:

and Litsy @jlsbibliomania

The Book of Joy: Lasting Happiness in a Changing World
Douglas Carlton Abrams, Desmond Tutu, Dalai Lama XIV

Hear ye, Hear ye: Booklikes-opoly Rules Change!

I am re-running this post this morning, to make sure I get maximum coverage! If you're playing Booklikes-opoly, note the rules change!

**************************************************************************************************************

I've entertained a request from a player to reconsider the "odd days are roll days" rule, and I think that JL makes a good point. The purpose of the rule is to slow down speed readers from rolling every day. However, if it takes a slower reader 3 days to finish a book, they aren't able to roll until day 4, which sort of defeats the purpose of the rule.

In light of this, I am making a rules change as follows:

Players can roll no more frequently than every other day.

Example: player rolls on Monday, but doesn't finish her book until Thursday - player can roll on Thursday, because Tuesday and Wednesday are non-roll days for the individual player. If player finishes the book she starts Thursday on Friday, she still can't roll until Saturday, because Friday is a non-roll day for the player.

In other words, players are now responsible for keeping track of their own roll days!

Reblogged from Moonlight Reader