JLsBibliomania

The Loved Dog: How to Train Your Dog in 30 Days
Tamar Geller
Progress: 103/256 pages

Dewey’s Readathon April 29, 2017 Preview

6 days from now I expect to be ensconced on my couch eyeball deep in Dewey’s 24-Hour Readathon!!!  And while there’s no way that I can do without sleep and read for 24 hours straight, I think (crosses her toes) I have cleared my calendar enough have a good shot at meeting my personal goal of 12 hours of reading.

I’m not sure what mood will strike me, but I’ve got a whole house full of books to choose from!

Jeweled Fire - Sharon Shinn  Etched in Bone - Anne Bishop  And All Between - Zilpha Keatley Snyder  Salt to the Sea - Ruta Sepetys

Fiction on hand that I’ve been itching to read

• Jeweled Fire by Sharon Shinn
  • Etched in Bone by Anne Bishop
  • And All Between by Zilpha Keatley Snyder (reread)
  • Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys

I am hoping that I can make one of the books I read fit into Booklikes-opoly.

Many people use graphic novels as a change of pace/mood.  I’ve made it a tradition to use the Readathon as an excuse to indulge in picture books, since my sons are well past that age.  I will be getting this year’s Caldecott Medal Winner Radiant Child: The Story of Young Artist Jean-Michel Basquiat by Javaka Steptoe and a number of other Caldecott Honor and Cybils picture book award winners out of the library this week in preparation.

Radiant Child: The Story of Young Artist Jean-Michel Basquiat - Javaka Steptoe

Signup link is: http://www.24hourreadathon.com/?p=6993

I won’t be on Twitter, but plan to check in periodically both here and on the Dewey’s Readathon Goodreads group. If you let me know that you’re also participating or use the Readathon tag, I’ll drop by to cheer you on!