JLsBibliomania

JL's Bibliomania

Also on GoodReads as J L's Bibliomania:

and Litsy @jlsbibliomania

Dewey's 24-Hour Readathon April 29, 2017 Starting Line

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?

South Jersey (near Philadelphia) and Dewey’s starts/ends at 8 am for me

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?

EitherJeweled Fire by Sharon Shinn or Etched in Bone by Anne Bishop

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?

I visited a specialty tea store when I visited my Father over Passover. I’m looking forward to curling up with my book and a big mug of freshly brewed Assam.

I’m also planning to put a pot of 3-bean soup up to simmer early in the day so we can have a quick dinner of soup, bread and cheese.

4) Tell us a little something about yourself!

I am thrilled that I was able to mostly clear my schedule for today.  My goal is 12 hours of reading, since I’m not one who can entirely do without sleep and I have several time-locked obligations on Sunday.

I’m also really, really happy that BookLikes appears to have stabilized after the summer upheavals and am looking forward to melding Booklikes-opoly with my Readathon

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?

This is my 4th Dewey’s Readathon. The two things I plan to do differently than other Readathons are a) try to actually run a timer when I read and b) I am pledging $5 for every hundred pages read to BookMates, a local interfaith literacy program that provides weekly one-to-one reading sessions with an adult volunteer at Title I elementary schools in Camden and other low and moderate income communities throughout Southern New Jersey.