JLsBibliomania

JL's Bibliomania

Also on GoodReads as J L's Bibliomania:

and Litsy @jlsbibliomania

Ponyboy, Ponyboy, Where have you been?

The Outsiders - S.E. Hinton

After listening to The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton, I can see why this book has been a staple of the High School curriculum.  Ponyboy Curtis is a young adult struggling to find his place with his brothers and in the larger society.  While some of the language is a bit dated (referring to a tobacco cigarette as a "weed?"), or perhaps because of those language choices, The Outsiders does a wonderful job depicting nostagic Americana.  I enjoyed it, though found some of the digressions into description a distraction.

I read The Outsiders for Booklikes-opoly Square Main Street 11: Read a book that takes place between 1945 and 1965 or that was written by an author who was born before 1955.  It feels the events of The Outsiders could be happening anytime within 5 years of 1960 or so. (The book itself never states a year or any identifying information such as a political figure, but the Wikipedia article says that the book is set in 1965).  Regardless, S.E. Hinton was born before 1955.

192 pages

Bank Balance $38

Not rolling again until I finish the rest of my Dewey's Bonus Roll selections (unless I hear otherwise)