JLsBibliomania

The Hate U Give
Angie Thomas, HarperAudio, Bahni Turpin
Progress: 602/704 minutes

Midnight Blue-Light Special & Booklikes-opoly Roll 15

I managed to pick up a tedious case of poison ivy from volunteering to help maintain a local biking trail, so when I woke at 4:30 am itching and unable to sleep, I decided to finish my book.

Midnight Blue-Light Special - Seanan McGuire

I read Midnight Blue-Light Special - Seanan McGuire, which is set in NYC, for Roll #13 Square 29:  The Monorail - Read a Book that has travel by air, has an airplane on the cover, or is set in a city with a subway.  Well NYC has a subway, but unless you count Verity Price's predilection for free running (aka taking the roof route) as travel by air, this book almost fits my new roll better than the square I read it for because the subway only appears in the story as a method of transportation to disdain.  It's a nicely done Urban Fantasy with an intriguing non-human ecosystem.  I did find the temporary shift of viewpoint partway through a bit jarring. The Aeslin mice, while somewhat quieter than in Discount Armageddon - Seanan McGuire, are well worth the price of admission for comedic relief

I was thoroughly amused by the High Priest of Goddammit Eat Something Already!

(show spoiler)

I'll probably read the next book in the series relatively soon, which focuses on the up-till-now-offscreen Cousin Alex, though I will miss Very's spunk.

Roll # 13 was doubles, but I'd finished my Roll #14 book first.

Bank Balance $56

Roll #15

Lands me on

I have two possibilities in mind:

Precursor - C.J. Cherryh , which continues my re-read of the Foreigner Series by CJ Cherryh or a random non-fiction that was a library click-through while looking for books for my elder son.

Precursor - C.J. Cherryh  or Blue on Blue: An Insider’s Story of Good Cops Catching Bad Cops - Charles Campisi,Gordon Dillow

I'm planning to start Blue on Blue: An Insider’s Story of Good Cops Catching Bad Cops - Charles Campisi,Gordon Dillow  and see if it grabs me, since the Cherryh is likely to be a slow read.