What to say about The Scorpio Races, which I read as my first Booklikes-opoly Free Friday Selection:
- The story of The Scorpio Races is told from two intersecting perspectives, that of Puck Connolly and that of Sean Kendrick.
- The audiobook is read by two narrators, a female narrator for the chapters from Puck’s perspective and a male narrator for the chapters from Sean’s perspective. I thought the use of two narrators worked well.
- Maggie Stiefvater has a way with language that reads aloud wonderfully and speaks to me
- These characters/this story didn’t grab me as much as The Raven Boys or Shiver Quartets
- I recommend not knowing anything more than the cover blurb before reading The Scorpio Races, so I’m going to leave it here.