JLsBibliomania

The Loved Dog: How to Train Your Dog in 30 Days
Tamar Geller
Progress: 103/256 pages

#24in48 Starting Line

Love the laidback atmosphere of #24in48.  It's almost hour 10 of the 24in48 Readathon and I'm just now getting started, and I don't feel bad at all.

Where in the world are you reading from this weekend?

1. South Jersey, not far from Philadelphia
  2. Have you done the 24in48 readathon before?

Yep

1. Where did you hear about the readathon, if it is your first?

I'm a Readathon Junkie.  I believe I found Dewey's Readathon 1st and then fournd 24in48 when searching for other Readathons. I love the social aspect of reading together.

1. What book are you most excited about reading this weekend?

I'm most excited about listening to the audiobook of Dies The Fire (which is a re-read for me) while taking care of life this weekend. I'm also looking forward to making progress on The Invention of Nature and Kim, my current Booklikes-opoly selections.

Tell us something about yourself.

I didn't think I was going to be able to participate much because this is also the weekend where we schlep 6+ hours each way to pick up my younger son from sleepaway camp (It's worth it because the camp really fits him and we get a bonus visit to my Dad who lives about an hour from the camp).  Unfortunately, we have a sick kitty who can't be left with just a pet-sitter, so I'll be staying home with him and getting some reading done.

1. Remind us where to find you online this weekend
  2. I'll be hanging out at BookLikes  http://jlsbibliomania.booklikes.com/

Personal Goals

I like to set alternate goals for myself for Readathons, since reading for 24 hours just is unlikely to be feasible.

My goals for this weekend are:

• Spend 12 hours reading or reviewing books
  • Catch up on back reviews (4) and schedule them to post over the course of this week

(I intend to count time writing reviews towards my "reading" totals, but not other book-related social media)