JLsBibliomania

RAVEN

9/1/2017

9/16/2017

Gulp - Mary Roach

Flat Book Society Group read including anecdotes of various creepy crawlies you can find in your gut

D2

Supernatural

9/7/2017

Half-Off Ragnarok - Seanan McGuire

Murder with various crytozoological wonders including basilisks, with occasional cameos from the Aeslin Mice

D3

E1

Monsters

9/15/2017

Norse Mythology- Neil Gaiman

Norse Myths are full of giants, trolls, dwarves and gods.  In addition, at least 3 of Loki's children the 8 legged horse Sleipnir, the wolf Fenrir, and the world serpent Jörmungandr would qualify as a monster.

E3

In the dark, dark woods

9/5/2017

9/8/2017

The Legend of Sleepy Hollow - Washington Irving

Takes place in the woods near Tarrytown NY

Actually I'm cheating a bit on this update:

• I haven't QUITE finished And Then There Were None, but I expect to finish before bedtime tonight.
  • I'm moving Half Off Ragnarok from Monsters to Supernatural because Norse Mythology fits Monsters better.
  • I'm also taking advantage of the short story ruling and counting individual tales in Norse Mythology as separate short stories and calling the Monsters square as read, even though I'm only partway through the audiobook.

Next Up:  The Thin Man group read, which I plan to count towards the Classic Noir square