JLsBibliomania

The Loved Dog: How to Train Your Dog in 30 Days
Tamar Geller
Progress: 103/256 pages

Halloween Bingo Week 5

I'm looking for suggestions for short stories or novellas that would fit the Haunted Houses square (and yes, I've looked at the Haunted Houses & Ghosts list but they all appear to be novels).

If I stated that 1 of the books I read was out of pattern, with the request above could you predict the pattern I'm aiming for?

White ghost = called

Classic Noir

10/7/2017

9/22/2017

The Thin Man - Dashiell Hammett

Classic Noir buddy read.  Genesis of the successful Noir/Comedy movies of the same name.

A4

Witches

9/13/2017

10/6/2017

Dead Witch Walking - Kim Harrison

Urban Fantasy set in post-plague Cincinnati & environs.  Witches, Vampires & Pixies, Oh My!

B3

Aliens

9/29/2017

9/28/2017

Defender - CJ Cherryt

Volume 4 in the continuing saga of Bren the translator between the humans who settle on the world, the alien Atevi, and the human of the starship crew.

C3

RAVEN

9/1/2017

9/16/2017

Gulp - Mary Roach

Flat Book Society Group read including anecdotes of various creepy crawlies you can find in your gut

D2

Supernatural

9/7/2017

Half-Off Ragnarok - Seanan McGuire

Murder with various crypozoological wonders including basiliks and occasional cameos from the Aeslin Mice

D3

E1

Monsters

9/15/2017

Norse Mythology- Neil Gaiman

Norse myths are full of giants, trolls, dwarves and gods.  In addition, at least 3 of Loki's children the 8 legged horse Sleipnir, the wolf Fenrir, and the world serpent Jörmungandr would qualify as a monster.

E3

E5

Amateur Sleuth

9/30/2017

Fool Me Once - Steve Hockensmith & Lisa Falco

Alanis McLaughlin inherited her con-man mother's shop The White Magic Five and Dime.  She and the Tarot cards search for the true murderer to clear on of her most loyal customers from the charge of murdering her abusive husband.