JLsBibliomania

Maggie Stiefvater
The Loved Dog: How to Train Your Dog in 30 Days
Tamar Geller
Progress: 103/256 pages

Reading progress update: I've read 79 out of 304 pages.

Training the Best Dog Ever: A 5-Week Program Using the Power of Positive Reinforcement - Larry Kay, Dawn Sylvia-Stasiewicz

Finding this one more appealing than the other dog training book available during yesterday's library run.  I really liked the goal setting checklist.

Our initial goals for Quincy are:

• My dog is impeccably house-trained - We're particularly working on figuring out what his signal is to ask to go out.
  • Although my dog likes be with me, he isn't so needy that he shadows me everywhere - We perhaps should have listened better when they said he was originally part of a trio (2 dogs and a cat).  He's definitely shadowing us everywhere and has been pretty frantic when nobody is within sight.
  • The crate is my dog's home - we're working on having him enjoy the crate and to be less anxious when left alone inside it
  • My dog obeys the furniture rules and chews only what is allowed - we've gone from a cat that eats plastic bags to a dog who seems to gravitate to hard plastic items like army men.

While there are lots of other things to work on eventually, based on our 1st week, these are our priorities.