JLsBibliomania

The Loved Dog: How to Train Your Dog in 30 Days
Tamar Geller
Progress: 103/256 pages

Halloween Bingo Week 6

Not a lot of apparent progress on Halloween Bingo this week. A few more squares on my cards called. A DNF of a book that could have been used for Diverse Voices.  And time reading dog books and working with Quincy.  But I'm not as far behind as I might otherwise have been.  I expect to finish The Hate U Give this week and that will ably fill the Diverse Voices slot.

All the Crooked Saints - Maggie Stiefvater

Next up is something that makes me really excited.  Maggie Stiefvater has a new book!!! I was first on the library hold list for All the Crooked Saints and even though I don't know what square it will fit, I just can't resist the temptation to do something I almost never get to do: read something newly released and be one of the first to review it.

White ghost = called

Classic Noir

10/7/2017

9/22/2017

The Thin Man - Dashiell Hammett

Classic Noir buddy read.  Genesis of the successful Noir/Comedy movies of the same name.

A4

Witches

9/13/2017

10/6/2017

Dead Witch Walking - Kim Harrison

Urban Fantasy set in post-plague Cincinnati & environs.  Witches, Vampires & Pixies, Oh My!

B3

Aliens

9/29/2017

9/28/2017

Defender - CJ Cherryt

Volume 4 in the continuing saga of Bren the translator between the humans who settle on the world, the alien Atevi, and the human of the starship crew.

C3

RAVEN

9/1/2017

9/16/2017

Gulp - Mary Roach

Flat Book Society Group read including anecdotes of various creepy crawlies you can find in your gut

D2

Supernatural

9/7/2017

Half-Off Ragnarok - Seanan McGuire

Murder with various crypozoological wonders including basiliks and occasional cameos from the Aeslin Mice

D3

E1

Monsters

9/15/2017

Norse Mythology- Neil Gaiman

Norse myths are full of giants, trolls, dwarves and gods.  In addition, at least 3 of Loki's children the 8 legged horse Sleipnir, the wolf Fenrir, and the world serpent Jörmungandr would qualify as a monster.

E3

E5

Amateur Sleuth

9/30/2017

Fool Me Once - Steve Hockensmith & Lisa Falco

Alanis McLaughlin inherited her con-man mother's shop The White Magic Five and Dime.  She and the Tarot cards search for the true murderer to clear on of her most loyal customers from the charge of murdering her abusive husband.