JLsBibliomania

The Loved Dog: How to Train Your Dog in 30 Days
Tamar Geller
Progress: 103/256 pages

10th Anniversary Dewey's Closing Survey

Now that I've slept, gone to work for a few hours, and steered my older son through a mountain of homework, I finally have a minute for the Dewey's Readathon closing survey.

Which hour was most daunting for you?

Definitely Hour 16 as I tried to finish up before my planned bedtime

Tell us ALLLLL the books you read!

I read 1 book – The Girl With All the Gifts

and 1 short story – The Call of Chthulu

For a total of 428 pages

Which books would you recommend to other Read-a-thoners?

The Girl With All the Gifts is a great choice to read in one gulp.

I typically recommend picture books for the transition times, and that’s worked better than the dense short story I picked this time.

What’s a really rad thing we could do during the next Read-a-thon that would make you smile?

I loooved the cheering mini-challenge in hour 12 this time and hope it continues.  I’ve really missed both being a cheerleader and having folks cheering for us non-Twitter people.  The rad thing you could do would be to open up the list of anticipated attendees a few days before the event so that those of us who like to cheer could select folks to cheer for as part of our pre-readathon prep rather than having to steal reading time to wade through the participant list.

How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again?

Schedule permitting, I’ll see you on April 28, 2018.  I also hope to see you during 24in48 in January.

Would you be interested in volunteering to help organize and prep?

I was a GoodReads co-host for the first time and enjoyed that. I’d definitely be willing to help out on the day of, and might well sponsor a Book Depository prize next time.