JLsBibliomania

Progress: 161/320 pages
The Loved Dog: How to Train Your Dog in 30 Days
Tamar Geller
Progress: 103/256 pages

Flat Book Society Reading Progress Update: I've read 161 out of 320 pages.

While the Flat Book Society Read of Forensics: What Bugs, Burns, Prints, DNA and More Tell Us About Crime - Val McDermid officially starts today, I started the audiobook a week or so ago when it came in from the library.

My impressions so far are mixed.  While I'm enjoying the book, on the surface, I'm finding it surprisingly similar to Gulp  - a random mish-mash of history, interviews with an expert or two, and then summaries of some recent or notorious court cases. And at least in the 1st couple of chapters not as much explanation of the science as I had hoped (for instance, I didn't learn anything about the use of entomology in crime scene investigation that I hadn't already picked up from Temperance Brennan).

P.S. It took a while to adjust to the narrator's accent. I'm not sure I'm 100% sold that audiobook is the best format for this. The book does include pictures and the flashbacks to history and chronology are a bit harder to follow in audio format.