2017 Reading Wrapup

2017 Reading Wrap-up

My reading goals for 2017 were:

• Read at least 52 books – DONE! I have 79 books on my 2017 Reads shelf at BookLikes.

• Participate in the Library Love Challenge http://angelsguiltypleasures.com/2016/12/sign-up-2017-library-love-challenge/ co-hosted by Angel’s Guilty Pleasures and Bea’s Book Nook. I will commit to becoming an Overdrive Junkie: read 36 books.   I didn’t count the number of reviews, but 69 of the 78 books I read in 2017 came from the library – whether via hard-copy or ebook loan.

• Participate in at least 2 Readathons – with the goal of getting to 12 hours of reading during either Dewey’s Readathon or #24in48 at least once this year – I participated in the April Dewey’s 24-Hour Readathon, the July 24in48 Readathon, and the 10th Anniversary Dewey’s 24-Hour Readathon in October. Didn’t do a good job of tracking time, but I’m happy with my Readathon participation.

• I’ve fallen out of the habit of re-reading, so I challenge myself to reread at least 6 old favorites in 2017 – In part due to binge-reading the Alana Quartet by Tamora Pierce one weekend while ill, and also because of my on-going re-read of the Foreigner Series by CJ Cherryh, 16 of my 2017 books were re-reads.

My other, unstated, goal for 2017 was to be more social in my reading.  Between The Flat Book Society, Booklikesopoly this summer, Halloween Bingo this fall, and the aforementioned Readathons, I was much more social about my reading during 2017 and it made me happy.