Dewey’s April 2018 Starting Line

I'm not actually home right now, so this post is brought to you by the magic of pre-scheduling

What fine part of the world are you reading from today?

South Jersey (near Philadelphia)

Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?

I’ve been Saving Lake Silence by Anne Bishop for today.

Which snack are you most looking forward to?

As I’m not trying to get anywhere near 24-hours of reading, and we always have food around, I didn’t spend any time pre-planning food and snacks.

Tell us a little something about yourself!

I should be working on camp paperwork for my sons, but instead I’m reading or hanging out online with you!

One of my favorite quotes is “Outside of a dog, a book is man’s best friend.  Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read.”  I’ve seen it attributed mostly to Groucho Marx, but also occasionally to Mark Twain.  Regardless, it's a great sentiment.

If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today?

My plan for this read-a-thon is read less, socialize more, I’ll be spending the morning listening to a visiting scholar at my synagogue and may also head over to the local Earth Day Extravaganza for part of the early afternoon.  I really get a buzz out of the energy of so many people reading together, so I plan to spend as much or more of my time cheering other readers on as reading myself (I might even be brave and turn on Twitter for a while).