Preliminary and evolving Halloween Bingo TBR

I typically average about 5 books a month, so unlike many of the more voracious readers here, I’m not even going to attempt to black out my Bingo card*.  So I think I’m going to follow the same strategy that I used last year – pick a likely row with a handful of interesting books and then just wait for the calls to catch up. Here are some of the books I'm debating for the start.

A3 – Slasher Stories

Sandman Slim - Richard Kadrey

Slasher Girls and Monster Boys - April Genevieve Tucholke

B3 – Spellbound (an embarrassment of choices)

The Good, the Bad, and the Undead - Kim Harrison (can also fit Deadlands, Cryptozoologist, Shifters et c.) available as an audiobok

The Book of Life - Deborah Harkness  (might also fit Relics & Curiosities) - available as an audiobook but at 24 hours is longer than might commit to in audiobook during Bingo

The Forgotten Beasts of Eld - Patricia A. McKillip

A Darker Shade of Magic - V.E. Schwab  (one of many places this can go since I don’t have the Darkest London Square).

C3 – Raven

The Raven Boys - Maggie Stiefvater (reread - though this can also go many places)

one of the overflow from Spellbound

A short story TBD

D3 – 13

We Have Always Lived in the Castle - Shirley Jackson (even though I think this will stretch my comfort zone and could go elsewhere)

Six of Crows - Leigh Bardugo

Or more Raven Boys

E3 – Ghost Stories

The Girl in the Green Silk Gown - Seanan McGuire  (could also fit New Release)

*Yes, I know short stories count towards Halloween Bingo, but I can’t see reading 25 of them in a 2-month span either.  (And I’m just too likely to get sucked into the anthology and not move to other squares anyway)