Dewey's Readathon - April 2020 Starting Line

Heya – It’s Readathon this weekend, so here I am again after a long hiatus.

This post is being pre-written and pre-scheduled based on the questions from the last Readthon I participated in so that I don’t lose reading time in a busy day

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?

I’m reading from Socially Isolated Southern NJ.

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?

I’m looking forward to finishing my reread of The Secret Garden - Frances Hodgson Burnett  which my work book club is discussing via Skype on Thursday.  And I’m planning to start The Third Daughter - Talia Carner  as  the author will be having a Zoom call with my Synagogue Book Club later in the month (on the day she was originally scheduled to visit in person).

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?

Not a snack, but a meal – It’s supposed to be rainy and cool, so am planning to start a pot of split pea soup in the crock pot and let it go all day.

4) Do you have a #readathon plan of attack?

Since the start of the COVID-19 shutdown a month ago, about all I’ve been reading is the newspaper and more newspapers and Facebook (and playing games on my phone).  So if I actually read a BOOK today around running out to pick up washable masks and an online karate class and keeping my family fed it will be a win.

5) Are you doing the Readathon solo or with others?

I am the only one doing the Readathon, but I live in a household of readers, and I expect everyone will end up with a book in their hands at some point on Saturday.