Dewey's Mid-Event Survey and Good Night

It’s hour 16ish and closing in on Midnight for me, so I’m going to close my day with the “Mid-Event Survey”

What are you reading right now?

Getting ready to take my Kindle with The Secret Garden to bed and read until my eyes shut.

How many books have you read so far?

I haven’t finished anything (and am unlikely to finish anything) but I’m not disappointed because with finishing 7 chapters in The Secret Garden and listening to 6 chapters of in the Audiobook of The Third Daughter, I’ve read more today than I have in the previous month.

I might have to find a picture book on Hoopla, just so that I can have an entry in the books finished database.

What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?

Going to bed, because I’ve been exhausted. But our dog has a bad habit of waking up at 6 am, so I’m hoping he gets me up to read some more.

Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?

My Readathon day is full of interruptions, and other responsibilities.  It has been for pretty much every Readathon I’ve participated in.  I just read when I can.

What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?

Not a surprise, but I’m loving the Facebook posts and Booklikes blogs about what everyone else is reading and doing today!  It’s wonderful to feel like part of community!  I’d thought about venturing onto Twitter or Instagram, but decided to pick up a book instead.

P.S. The Split Pea soup was yummy!