JLsBibliomania

The Hate U Give
Angie Thomas, HarperAudio, Bahni Turpin
Progress: 602/704 minutes
Eon: Dragoneye Reborn - Alison Goodman

Wow! Eon: Dragoneye Reborn definitely lived up to the buzz I've been hearing from various bookblogs. While I often like to leave space between books in a series, Eona is jumping right to the top of my TBR pile.

While generally following the ark of a typical coming of age/unlikely orphan fulfills an exalted destiny YA novel Eon: Dragoneye Reborn give a very nice twist on the girl masquerades as boy to become an apprentice for a role that women are forbidden theme.

The way Alison Goodman plays with gender roles is refreshing, particularly the matter of fact treatment of the trans-gendered Lady Dela. However, I agree with the other reviewers who suggest that Eon: Dragoneye Reborn is more appropriate to the mature end of the YA audience because despite little explicit sex the preocupation with unconventional sexuality and the emotional ravishing/almost rape of the protagonist near the end of the book might not be appropriate for young teens.