JLsBibliomania

Also on GoodReads as J L's Bibliomania:

and Litsy @jlsbibliomania

The Book of Joy: Lasting Happiness in a Changing World
Douglas Carlton Abrams, Desmond Tutu, Dalai Lama XIV
The Book Whisperer: Awakening the Inner Reader in Every Child - Donalyn Miller I have the problem of a 4th grade son, who reads voraciously, but is hard to find books for. And while his comprehension is well above grade level, his emotional maturity is well behind, so he is in no way ready for books aimed at middle school students.

I have the glorious problem of also having a 2nd grade son, who has caught the family bibliomania, but is hard to find books for. While his reading comprehension is also well above grade level, his emotional maturity is behind, AND he likes very different things than my older son.

The Book Whisperer is one of a batch of books that I picked up from the library to mine for suggestions of books to potentially suggest to my sons. I found myself hooked and finished in less than a week. And while she didn't have many suggestions appropriate for my kids, I found Goodreads through her resource section. So perhaps here I can find more books to summon from the library.