JLsBibliomania

Angie Thomas, HarperAudio, Bahni Turpin
Progress: 30/704 minutes
Defender
C.J. Cherryh

Have a Hot Time, Hades! (Myth-O-Mania) - Kate McMullan The New Kid at School - Kate McMullan, Bill Basso, Stephen Gilpin

My younger son is reading things backwards. He dove into harder books like the Ranger's Apprentice and Percy Jackson series in 3rd grade and was not interested in many of the books I and the librarians thought he might like as an emerging reader.  Now in 4th grade, he has been having trouble finding books he likes while he waits for the The Blood of Olympus to come out next fall.  A few weeks ago, he discovered the 20 books of the Dragon Slayer's Academy.  They take him less than an hour to devour each installment, but we are rationing them to one new book per day so that the thrill of a new series lasts just a bit longer.

We went looking in the library catalog for other things by the same author....and now my 6th grader has been obsessively reading and re-reading the Myth-O-mania books for relaxation between the harder things he is assigned for homework.

I've not read these myself, and the likely won't ever make it to the top of my TBR pile,  but in the meantime, Kate, please keep doing what you are doing.  Thank you for keeping my hard-to please boys entertained for the last few weeks.