JLsBibliomania

The Invention of Nature: Alexander von Humboldt's New World
Andrea Wulf
Progress: 74/341 pages

Random Updates

Having finished The Hidden Room, I am looking for my next audiobook. I’m more than overdue to finally listen to Mockingjay and finish the Hunger Game series. I started to listen earlier this week on the way home from a business trip, but I just wasn’t feeling it. Katniss is such a whiny witch in the first few chapters and I’m not sure that it’s such a good idea to read a dystopia immediately after an account of the real life dystopia of Ravensbruk. So, I may put this on pause and read other things first.

On a different note, I am frustrated that I missed downloading one week of Audiobook SYNC and won’t have the opportunity to listen to the books from Week 9. My library has a hard copy of CLAUDETTE COLVIN: Twice Toward Justice, but they don’t appear to have a copy of WHILE THE WORLD WATCHED. I might recommend it to my local library.

I finished Seraphina by Rachel Hartman and The Impossible Knife of Memory by Laurie Halse Anderson  a few weeks ago, but was too busy to write my reactions immediately. I recommend both books. Let’s see if I can dredge up enough details to post something specific about each.