JLsBibliomania

Elizabeth Rhys Finney, Priscilla Olson, Zenna Henderson
Progress: 250/577 pages

Finished: The Kingdom of Gods

The Kingdom of Gods - N.K. Jemisin

1)  I'm hooked on N.K. Jemisin and The Kingdom of Gods did nothing to dissuade me from this. It may take some time, but I will eventually read everything she has written.

2)  I still love the way divinity, race/nationality and class interweave the characters in this world.

3)  The Kingdom of Gods seemed a bit flat compared to the previous books in the series.  Perhaps it was looking from the divine to the mortal perspective rather than the other way around lacked the magical spark.  Perhaps it was that the mortals, particularly the women, in this story seemed less complete than in the previous.  Perhaps it was just a finale that seemed almost "Deus ex machina"  which is a pretty funny thing to think about a world where Gods and godlings are just folks rather than occasional visitors.   I'm not sure, but in some ways The Kingdom of Gods feels almost like a post-script rather than the climax/conclusion of a trilogy.